BRM Professional Certification – Classroom
Course: BRM Professional Certification
Components: Interactive Classroom Workshop (24 hours)
The BRMP® professional development program provides an excellent Return on Investment (ROI) and is ideally suited for project managers, business analysts, architects, external service providers; representatives of shared services organizations including IT, HR, Finance, Sales, Strategy Planning, etc.; business partners and anyone else interested in business value maximization.
Business Relationship Management Professional (BRMP®) training and certification program is intended for the aspiring to intermediate-level Business Relationship Managers and designed to provide a solid foundation-level knowledge of Business Relationship Management.
Learning Objectives and Outline
The Course will consist of the following components which represent the key concepts covered on the BRM Professional Certification Exam (conducted on the last day of class):
- BRM Overview:
- Be able to explain the goals, characteristics and objectives of the BRM role.
- Understand why the BRM role is gaining importance and how it is evolving in response to business and provider forces.
- Explain the concepts of Business Demand Maturity and Provider Supply Maturity and how these impact the BRM role.
- Understand the drivers of relationship maturity and be able to differentiate between tactical and strategic BRM roles and how these relate to order taker, trusted consultant and strategic business partner.
- Be able to explain common BRM reporting and organizing structures.
- What it means to perform as a strategic partner, contributing to business strategy formulation and shaping business demand for the provider’s services.
- The use of Portfolio Management disciplines and techniques to maximize realized business value.
- Business Transition Management and the conditions for successful change programs to minimize value leakage.
- The BRM role in Service Management and alignment of services and service levels with business needs.
- The principles of effective and persuasive communication.
- Strategic Partnering:
- Understand “Demand Shaping” as a means to increase value realization from provider investments, services and assets.
- Be able to use a Strategic Relationship Management Process and Tools to strengthen business partner and provider relationships.
- Understand how and where to engage in your business partner’s decision cycle.
- Co-develop, with your business partner, a Relationship Strategy-on-a-Page as a mutual Relationship Contract.
- Business IQ:
- Understand the concepts of “Value Leakage” and the BRMs role in minimizing this.
- Understand the concepts of Capability Roadmaps and how these are derived from business strategy.
- Understand the concepts of Value Management and how these link business strategy, provider strategy, portfolio and the business case to shape priorities, communicate and drive business value.
- Be able to use Business Outcomes to clarify strategic initiatives, manage scope and value metrics.
- Portfolio Management:
- Understand how Portfolio Management is the central mechanism for a Value Management Process.
- Understand how to apply Portfolio Management to the entire life cycle of provider investments, from managing new investments, optimizing existing investments and retiring old investments.
- Understand the relationships between Project, Program and Portfolio Management and how these work together to optimize business value.
- Be familiar with two common Portfolio Classification schemes and how they are applied to achieve a Portfolio Balancing.
- Understand how governance processes and structures are used in support of Portfolio Management.
- Business Transition Management:
- Understand what Business Transition Management is, why it is important to BRM, and the components of a Business Transition Capability Model.
- Understand how to create urgency for stakeholders.
- Understand the key roles to be orchestrated for successful business transition.
- Understand key change leadership concepts.
- Understand the importance of clarifying the change details and typical methods for achieving clarity.
- Understand how the Cliff Analogy illustrates all key factors in managing a transition.
- Provider Domain:
- Understand the value-centric definition of a service.
- Understand the important distinctions between Products and Services and the implications for the BRM.
- Understand the different aspects of service value and how service provider constraints impact the role of the BRM.
- Powerful Communications:
- Understand the components of ‘powerful communications’.
- Understand how to influence those over whom they do not have direct control.
- Be able to express themselves through a unique value proposition.
The scope of the classroom training includes the following:
- 24 hours of onsite, instructor-led training
- Class slide deck
- Class Templates and Notes
- Student examination on the last day of class
Class Material (Physical)
A copy of the ‘Business Relationship Management’ Body Of Knowledge (BRMBOK) is provided for students:
Value and Flexibility
The base price per student is C$2,550.00 however discounted rates are available for larger classes. This can be discussed with your local Corporate Oasis representative. Discounts available for students who have already obtained the reference textbooks.
- Can be conducted either offsite or on client premise as required
- Conducted over 3 consecutive days
Call us at 833.767.0920