APPLIED PROJECT MANAGEMENT FUNDAMENTALS
Course: Applied PM Fundamentals
Components: Classroom (16 hours)
In this time of reduced budgets and organizational change, many IT organizations are challenged with finding ways to continue to deliver projects in a highly constrained environment.
In some cases, this may result in the management of projects by individuals who may have been temporarily allocated into the role of ‘Project Manager’ in order to maintain project execution without the incurred costs of a formal project manager.
In order to assist our customers to realize this value, Corporate Oasis has established the ‘Applied PM Fundamentals’ training program.
This offering is intended for organizations that:
- Are looking to reduce Project Management related costs.
- Need to execute projects and don’t have the budget to engage formal Project Managers.
- Wish to re-tool and re-purpose existing resources.
- Wish to provide project resources with a common PM language within the organization.
This course is intended for individuals that:
- Have been tasked to deliver projects and are new to the Project Management discipline.
- Require a foundational knowledge of the art and discipline of Project Management.
- Wish to obtain a solid footing for future Project Management education and certification.
- Work in any business vertical that requires project delivery (Construction, Information Technology, Engineering, Manufacturing, Retail, etc).
Students will obtain the foundational knowledge required to understand the discipline of Project Management, obtain access to the Project Management language and understand the core capabilities that could potentially lead to a subsequent career in Project Management.
Upon successful completion of the course participants will learn:
|• Overview||What is Project Management|
|• Scope||How to Define Project Goals and Boundaries|
|• Schedule||What needs to happen and when|
|• Resources||Who does what|
|• Budget||How much will it cost|
|• Risk||How to plan for project impacts|
|• Communications||Relationships, communications and effective meetings|
|• Constraints||What are my boundaries?|
|• Assumptions||What if I’m not sure?|
|• Leadership||Essence of Project Management|
The scope of the classroom training includes the following:
- 16 hours of onsite, instructor-led training
- ‘Project Management for non-Project Managers’ slide deck, including videos
- Class Templates and Notes
- In class student / team workshops
Student Training Kit
Upon completion of the 2 day classroom environment, the students also receive the following:
- Up to 10 hours of onsite team mentoring post-class within 30 days of the classroom sessions
- Focus is on further refinement, and understanding, of classroom education pertaining to their projects
- A report is submitted to the education sponsor including:
- Overview of training topics covered
- Specific reference by the students regarding their ‘real world’ examples
- Results from the 10 hours of onsite mentoring
- Observations and recommendations
Class Material (Physical)
A copy of ‘Alpha Project Managers – What the top 2% know’ and the PMI ‘Project Management Body of Knowledge’ are provided for the students for post-class reference.
Value and Flexibility
The base price per student is C$1,150.00 however discounted rates are available for larger classes. This can be discussed with your local Corporate Oasis representative. The following outlines the additional value resulting from this offering:
- Each student will receive a $100 discount coupon for access to the Project Management Institute – Southern Alberta Chapter (PMI-SAC) Professional Development Conference
- Our instructors provide 10 hours of free mentoring over 30 days per customer per class
- Components of your processes, templates and methodology can be embedded into the training based on the specific needs of each environment
- All courses are provided in an interactive classroom format by a senior Project Management instructor
- Session schedules can be modified to suit your needs.